[WikiEN-l] Brandt unblocked by Jimbo - community support?

Dycedarg darthvader1219 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 18:44:48 UTC 2007

On 4/19/07, Info Control <infodmz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jimbo could simply be overruled, couldn't he? Would be interesting to see
> if
> anyone is bold or brave enough to. Jimbo is subject to wheel war rules as
> anyone, I assume?

Actually, based on prior precedent, no. Look at the pedophilia userbox war
ArbCom case:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Pedophilia_userbox_wheel_war
Specifically principle 12, finding of fact 9, and remedy 7.1. You do not
want to wheel war with Jimbo. Besides, as WP:BAN states, you appeal a
community ban to ArbCom, and you appeal an ArbCom decision to Jimbo. There
is no mention of a method to appeal a decision by Jimbo.

As far as the unblocking goes, I agree with it until and unless he presents
an immediate danger to the project. I see no reason to believe that to be
the case at this time.

--

Dycedarg