[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Major dysfunction in RfA Culture

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Thu Apr 19 16:39:03 UTC 2007

> Ron Ritzman wrote:

>>Any thoughts on how the current "gauntlet culture" developed?

I ''really'' wish I could freely name names.

Let's put it this way - with no realistic, easy way to remove bad admins,
it makes people less likely to promote people who would be good ones.
When poor admins are consistently acting in ways contrary to the positive
working of the project, and other bad admins back them up, and RfC after
RfC doesn't help, and ArbCom doesn't step in until it's too late, and even
then they need to be prodded and begged, why take any risks?

The RfA culture is ridiculous, absolutely.  But a lot of ways to fix it
will be to make it as easy to lose adminship as it should be to gain it,
but that's become a perennial proposal that isn't gaining traction.

If I was in better favor with people as of late, I'd actively try a
different style entirely, but I'm not the person who could do it
successfully and I have yet to find someone who I think has the cache to
do it instead.  So until we reform the removal portion...

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.