[WikiEN-l] Brandt unblocked by Jimbo - community support?

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 19 16:14:40 UTC 2007

On 4/19/07, Info Control <infodmz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Everyone seems to be up in arms over it

Is that so? It seems like a sensible thing to try to deescalate past
conflicts using unblocks. We should be taking positive first steps
more frequently, rather than expecting the other side to bow to some
list of demands for apologies or pledges for better behavior. It is a
gesture of our own good faith and our willingness to mend fences.

http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?ForgiveAndForget

Jimmy has given three reasons:
* he asked nicely
* we are talking about a productive way forward in the future
* it has been more than a year

These seem like good reasons to me, and I trust his judgment in this
matter. I think we should all be willing to try out such experiments
more frequently, rather than dividing our world into friends and
enemies.

Nobody has, to my knowledge, suggested that Daniel be given control
over the biography about him. He can now act within the norms of the
community, or violate them. Let him make this decision, and let the
community react accordingly.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic