[WikiEN-l] Major dysfunction in RfA Culture

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Sun Apr 15 12:51:59 UTC 2007

John Lee wrote:

> I also realised, from looking at other comments made on that RfA, and from
> reading the opinions of people in present-day RfAs, that this philosophy
> isn't one adopted by many. People look for reasons to oppose, even if they
> don't have much to do with harm. For example, why should writing an FA or
> not doing enough vandalfighting be impediments to adminship? This is not
> evidence that the candidate will do harm with the tools, or that by
> approving the candidate, we will be harming Wikipedia.

I'm not sure that this is actually a philosophy that's good for the
project anymore.  We have a number of them that are probably antiquated
and should be tossed by the wayside, but won't be.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman