[WikiEN-l] CATEGORIES!!!!!!

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 00:00:25 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> But is this distinction really necessary? If I am wanting to have a list of
> all persons who died as a result of an accident, inserting the Category
> "Accidental deaths" in this case would accomplish that.

The distinction is necessary inasmuch as the word "category" is
useful. And to avoid the ridiculous category clutter you get on some
articles:

Categories: Semi-protected | Articles with unsourced statements since
March 2007 | All articles with unsourced statements | George W. Bush |
Presidents of the United States | Current national leaders | Governors
of Texas | United States Air Force officers | Republican Party (United
States) presidential nominees | History of the United States
(1988–present) | Intelligent design advocates | Texas Republicans |
Time magazine Persons of the Year | Christian fundamentalism |
Ranchers | Harvard Business School alumni | Yale University alumni |
Bonesmen | Americans with Huguenot ancestry | American Methodists |
Methodist politicians | People from New Haven, Connecticut | People
from Midland, Texas | Bush family | Children of Presidents of the
United States | 1946 births | Living people | Unsuccessful U.S. House
of Representatives candidates | 2004 U.S. presidential election
controversy and irregularities

Steve