[WikiEN-l] Bureaucrats decide!

Oleg Alexandrov mathbot at hemlock.knams.wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 11 22:59:20 UTC 2007

 I have no use whatsoever for the opinions on adminship of someone who
> believes Danny should not be an admin based on their disagreement
> with WP:OFFICE as a policy. The project has no use for those
> opinions. They are even more useless than a substub Pokemon article.
> -Phil

I have read all oppose votes containing the string "WP:OFFICE".
Except for the sockpuppet vote which was struck down, there was no vote
which opposed soley per Danny serving at WP:OFFICE.

This was mentioned indeed, but in all cases people either had gripes with other
things Danny did outside of WP:OFFICE, or otherwise that Danny's
behavior was not in the best of light even taking into account what he
had to do at WP:OFFICE and all discounting circumstances.

I'd like to note that I am not trying to flog a dead horse here. I voted
support for Danny too, and anyway I got over my relative disappointment
with how proces worked in that case.

My point is that some people are too quick in dismissing other people's
opinion by calling them idiots or discounting their views. This ultimately
hurts more the project than some people being clueless.