[WikiEN-l] Times article, and BBC and Press Association followups

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:13:12 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 4/11/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Have you been reading wikien-l?
>
> How is an open, continuing debate about a variety of issues an
> indication of "governance broken beyond repair"? Inflammatory comments
> like this are unhelpful.

I think there is largely a consensus about everything you say, except
the applicability of the words "open, continuing debate".

For what it is worth (IMO not much), there is a non-neglible minority
who feel that their views are being quashed, or atleast their
influence in matters is not quite as great as they have an aspiration
to.

Even if trivial, such views do bespeak of a certain malaise. Not
necessarily of a malaise that is avoidable, but voluntarily pulling
scales *over* our eyes is not useful. Disregarding the yammerers is
healthy, but claiming they do not exist is something I would never do.
That egyptian river is awfully long. -- ~~~~