[WikiEN-l] Bureaucrats decide!

Dycedarg darthvader1219 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:00:26 UTC 2007

> In other words, it seems that you believe that you favour the side with
> the most windbags.  If this is indeed a "vote" what difference does it
> make if someone does not explain his vote?  If each person who voted
> spent only one minute on the process for this vote alone that's about
> 400 minutes or nearly seven hours of time wasted away from doing
> something constructive.  Some windbags spent much more time than that.
>
> Ec

I don't favor any side. I don't even participate on RFA regularly. What I'm
trying to do is get some idea of what exactly RFA is, as opposed to what
people say it is. Is it a vote or isn't it? Are people supposed to
substantiate their opinions or not? If it's a vote then stop discounting
oppose votes because of their stated opinions and come up with a hard number
for passing and stick with it. If it's a discussion to determine consensus
then start discounting useless support votes. As it is, it seems closer to a
vote, with the occasional "interpretation of consensus" to justify
controversial decisions.

--

Dycedarg