[WikiEN-l] CATEGORIES!!!!!!

Gallagher Mark George m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Wed Apr 11 05:47:38 UTC 2007

G'day Bryan,

> Marc Riddell wrote:
> > And have them in my face as the first thing I see!?! PASS! :-)
>
> I note that in the Classic skin the categories are wrapped in <p
> class='catlinks'></p> when displayed but that
> #catlinks {display: none;}
> in my standard.css doesn't make it disappear like I was able to do
> with#stub {display:none;}

<snip />

Apologies if you already know this and I'm merely responding to a typo, but have you tried

	.catlinks { display: none; }

?

"catlinks" is a class, but "stub" is an ID.  Classes are referenced in stylesheets with a full stop, and IDs with a hash mark.

(While we're talking about people who obsess about categories, I noticed the other day that someone had taken the time to write a bot to tag uncategorised articles, but apparently does not bother taking the time to actually categorise said articles.  It's either a brilliant microcosm of the sad state of Wikipedia and Wikipedians, or I'm being silly.  We report: you decide!)

Cheers,

--
User:MarkGallagher