[WikiEN-l] Bureaucrats decide!

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 01:22:49 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Sue Reed <sreed1234 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

o_0

I was under the impression that those were indeed invalid reasons to oppose,
although in many cases, there's no need to actively discount such opinions
since if those are the only reasons people can come up with to oppose, odds
are the guy will pass RfA with or without their inclusion in the tally. I'm
sure that if the 'crats were to handle every RfA like they handled Danny's,
you'd see such reasons publicly being thrown out.

Of course, I'm a bit of an old fart, seeing as how when I was promoted to
admin, I barely had over a thousand edits, wasn't even old enough to drink
or drive (still am), and yet none of my opposes had anything to do with
these things (and to top it off, I think I was promoted with something like
20 supports). Maybe the RfA procedure for handling such patently invalid
reasoning has changed since my time.

Johnleemk