[WikiEN-l] Bureaucrats decide!

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:10:05 UTC 2007

On 4/10/07, Ron Ritzman <ritzman at gmail.com> wrote:
> If the Bureaucrats themselves feel as you do that the question to
> answer in an RFA is whether or not a candidate can be trusted with the
> tools, then one way for them to really drive the point home to those
> "voting" for "other reasons" is to pick a potentially controversial
> RFA, that is one that is likely to generate a lot of "opposes", and
> move any "votes" (support or oppose) that do not address the issue of
> trust to the talk page.

Sure, or equivalently, state "All oppose !voters must state explicitly
'I do not trust X. Allowing him/her to have an admin bit would be
dangerous for the project.' Any non-complying !votes will not be
counted."

Back in reality, is there somewhere we could have a vote of no
confidence in the RfA mechanism?

Steve