[WikiEN-l] Opt Out for Not So Notable Biographies

Fred Bauder fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Sun Apr 8 19:25:29 UTC 2007

By the existence of verifiable information from a reliable source, published information. Where that goes wrong is that for people who are not public figure who are regularly covered in the media, the only coverage that is ordinarily found is some mess they got into, spot information which often produces a distorted picture of them.

As a practical matter notability is determined by the Requests for Deletion process, during which the question of whether there is verifiable information is examined.

Fred