[WikiEN-l] Quitting Wikipedia and wanted you to know why.

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Oct 24 18:15:25 UTC 2006

Parker Peters wrote:
> The first is Jimbo's rampant bad faith. He sent me a couple emails, and
> requested diffs for items I had question on. Since sending him the
> diffs, however, he has done precisely jack shit, and has not bothered to
> respond to my emails to him requesting a simple update on the matters at
> hand.

Hey, Parker, I apologize to you that it takes me a while to do such
things.  Rather than assuming bad faith on my part, I recommend assuming
good faith.  Remember, I respond to dozens of different kinds of things
from many different projects every day.  I wrote to you to ask for diffs
because I am interested in the problem you raised, and I will look into
it.  It's a shame that you have chosen to be hostile about it, but I am
very sorry that I can't do more. :(

> Jimbo, by your silence, you've proven that you don't really give a shit
> about making a good encyclopedia anymore.

Right.  Well, I am sorry you feel that way.

--Jimbo