[WikiEN-l] Include both, with sources?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sat Oct 21 21:22:43 UTC 2006

On 21 Oct 2006 at 15:52, SPUI <drspui at gmail.com> wrote:

> Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote:
> > Why not, if it's verifiable?  Surely that is an interesting and useful
> > piece of information?
>
> How is it interesting that maps make mistakes? In an article about a
> town, would we say that a map once spelled it incorrectly?

One error in one edition of one map... probably not notable enough to
include.  A widely-repeated error that has propagated across multiple
maps by multiple publishers, and found its way mistakenly into
various reference sources as a result, might be a notable enough fact
to warrant mention.  It's a judgment call.

--
== Dan ==