[WikiEN-l] [[Kristian Menchaca]] - link to video

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 17:37:16 UTC 2006

--- Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> Original research.  If you can find the video hosted at
> some reliable
> location (CNN, BBC, etc.) then link to it.  Otherwise,
> the chances of us
> being the victim of a hoax or someone else's bad research
> are too high.

I guess if ogrish had a history of manipulating videos or
reporting republicans as democrats like Fox News, that
might be the case.  Wiki's own article mentions nothing
about it making false claims or other errors:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogrish.com

The CBS news and Washington Post both refer to the video
and to the organization that initially uncovered it.  The
only question seems to be whether the video released on
9/23 was also them.  The previous video was accepted as
fact.

"...the Americans were tortured and killed in a “barbaric”
way."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13432770/
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/23/iraq/main2036227.shtml
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/07/10/iraq/main1789865.shtml
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/23/AR2006092300487.html
http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/2006/nr20060622-13319.html
The military press release simply says they were "taken by
enemy forces".  Can we presume that Pentagon press releases
are not used as sources on WP?

~~Pro-Lick
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/User:Halliburton_Shill
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Pro-Lick