[WikiEN-l] good example of overuse of {{fact}}

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 15 16:26:46 UTC 2006

In message
<63a0b5580610150810w4e0949d5j73a929a3112a3c0c at mail.gmail.com>, the wub
<thewub.wiki-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg at public.gmane.org> writes
>Addressing the example - this IS a (possibly the most) widely propagated
>example of political correctness gone mad in the UK. Just google for
>"blackboard political correctness". However I can't for the life of me find
>the original story that led to this (if there was one in the first place)
>
>the wub

I find it very frustrating trying to cite commonly known events.

On [[FA Premier League]] someone {{fact}}ed the sentence "UEFA, European
football's governing body, lifted the ban on English clubs playing in
European competitions in 1990 and the Taylor Report on stadium safety
standards, which proposed expensive upgrades to all-seater stadiums, was
published in January of that year." What are they asking to be cited?
UEFA lifting the ban can be checked by looking at any article on English
clubs' participation in continental competitions. The Taylor Report is
well known and referred to in any number of places on the web, but
despite looking for hours on UK Government sites I've completely failed
to find the original document. I eventually settled for citing the 1994
order requiring certain stadia to be all-seater.

--
Arwel Parry