[WikiEN-l] RFA has gone weird

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 15:37:48 UTC 2006

On 10/6/06, Sarah <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> in a content dispute. Against that, I saw someone lose an RfA (or he
> was losing the last time I looked), because he wasn't putting the
> correct tags on vandals' pages when he reverted them, which was
> absurd. So it's a question of drawing up sensible criteria. I don't

Heh, I remember that. Understanding of policy is far more important
(but difficult to determine) than the stupid things many votes are
based on: edit summary use, range of articles edited, distribution of
edits, occasional uncivil or poorly thought out talk page messages...

Here's an idea: dramatically lower the bar, put the admin on 1 month
probation, and hold the real RfA to see whether he keeps his admin
rights. If he didn't do much good during his month, strip him of the
rights and let him try again later. If he did bad, strip him and don't
let him try later.

Steve