[WikiEN-l] Parker Peters's comments

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Oct 7 07:11:49 UTC 2006

That's because it would give more opportunities to argue when the year
is up.  While there would be some benefit to clearing out the deadwood,
this serves no useful purpose in relation to active admins.

Assuming terms of one year, the idiots would make themselves obvious
long before that.  Those who use admin privileges sparingly but
correctly, thus consistently flying under the radar, would be
unjustifiably forced annually to run the gauntlet of the inhabitants at
Requests for Adminship.

The first thing that I would scrap about adminships is the voting.
Establish a few easily defined criteria for becoming an admin, and
anyone who has met those criteria and wants to be an admin then only
needs to ask and it will be granted.  This simplicity would bolster the
principle that adminship is no big deal.  It would also be no big deal
to de-sysop for absenteeism, because that person would only need to
become active again in order to be reappointed.

Repeated incivility (however we choose to define that) could be a
further basis for automatic desysopping, but that too can be reversed
when the person (who can still make ordinary edits) shows an ability to
get along with people.

Ec