[WikiEN-l] Parker Peters's comments

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 19:51:57 UTC 2006

On 10/6/06, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some adminship requests get opposed because the user aren't familiar in a
> specific field of administrator work. If we could specifically give people
> the tools they have the knowledge for, more requests would succeed. Perhaps
> it's time to run that plan to give people separate admin tools.

Even as screwed up as things are today with respect to RFA the fact
remains that adminship is more about trust than about knowledge. If we
can't *trust you* to refrain from breaking the site too badly than you
should have exactly zero admin features.

That adminship is mostly is sometimes being obscured the fact that
there is no clear way to measure trust... but breaking up adminship
into little boxes will not solve that.

It is a shame because the tools of adminship are really tools which
every experienced user acting in good faith should have.  ... that was
always the intent, .. Remember? "No big deal".   But life has turned
out so much more complex.