[WikiEN-l] Porchesia

Jake Waskett jake at waskett.org
Fri Oct 6 11:28:30 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 14:44 +0100, geni wrote:
> On 10/3/06, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > {{not verified}} if it's under a few days old, {{unreferenced}} if it's over.
>
> Problem is that people would rather ah read about dancing pigs. Well
> that an the issue that the various cleanup lists are insanely
> backloged.

I think we need to remember that these notices actually serve two
functions:

1. They act as a reminder, via cleanup lists etc., to improve the
quality of the article.

2. They act as a service to the reader, in effect acting as a
disclaimer. In a sense, this actually helps our credibility, because
letting readers know what *isn't* trustworthy helps them to identify
what *is*.

Jake