[WikiEN-l] List of banned books

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Oct 5 04:23:54 UTC 2006

Oskar Sigvardsson wrote:
> If you want to go the bad-ass evil & sneaky route, simply tag all of
> the unsourced items with {{fact}} (an edit which, granted, would take
> some time), let them be for a week and then summarily remove them. If
> it is as bad as you say (which I don't doubt, after a quick look at
> it), raze and rebuild from the ground up is a very sensible option.

In general, I find the {{fact}} tagging to be overdone in Wikipedia.  A
better option is to nuke the unsourced material. Sometimes {{fact}} is
warranted, I don't mean that it is always a bad idea.  But it is overdone.

I very often see completely preposterous claims tagged with {{fact}},
usually because an editor is being excessively cautious.  Be bold. :)

--Jimbo