[WikiEN-l] GFDL link spam

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Sun Oct 1 22:44:08 UTC 2006

On 10/1/06, Bogdan Giusca <liste at dapyx.com> wrote:
> I noticed that there's a user who is making minor changes, then adds a
> template which links his website, claiming that the article uses
> content from his website:

I just read this on IRC, then saw this message. I've already sent
Angela an e-mail about it. My suggestion is that the user shouldn't do
this for his own work, but only for significant changes contributed by
others on his wiki. Otherwise we have too much of a loophole for
spamming Wikipedia with links to external sites.

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.