[WikiEN-l] blocked for a week for these edits

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon May 22 21:44:26 UTC 2006

On 5/22/06, Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:

> So you're willing to have Islamists, white supremacists, etc. openly
> editing Wikipedia as long as they attempt to follow NPOV? I don't. I
> think the presence of such individuals is harmful to the community.

I think you're being borderline intolerant. What is an "Islamist" exactly?
If they merely have Islamist sympathies, etc etc. Meanwhile, we have openly
Bush-supporting, pro-Iraq war, pro-gun etc editors. Banning Yin without
banning Yang (particularly when we have far more Yang than Yin) isn't going
to help our NPOV problem, nor our systemic bias.

Steve