[WikiEN-l] New Post to SlimVirgin and many of my posts bounce forno reason

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun May 21 03:29:01 UTC 2006

G'day Maggie,

> Hi Peter, thanks for your email. I cannot stay around here because I
> am banned indefinitley. I would like to still edit at Wikipedia. But
> I don't know how to go about it the process that will allow this.

The process for rescinding a community ban is as follows: convince an
administrator that your original ban was wrong.  Since it has been
reviewed many times by different, independent administrators and no-one
has yet unblocked you, I think it's safe to say we *all* agree you
should not be here.

An alternative is to convince us you're very sorry and that you will
never again repeat the behaviour that led to your block, but will
instead prove yourself to be a valuable member of the Wikipedia editing
"team".  Your posts to this list have proven exactly the opposite.  Many
people, including one (Peter Mackay) who was himself banned for a year,
have told you that your actions here are just making things much harder
for yourself, but you refuse to believe them.

Remember: *you* are the one asking for something from *us*.  You have
done your best to ensure we have no reason to give it to you.

> I would like to get a mediation process, a thing I like many people,
> have never had.

What benefits would mediation bring, exactly?  You were warned
repeatedly, and chose to disregard those warnings.  The community
decided it wasn't worth our while to follow the dispute resolution
process.  This was perfectly within policy.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"