[WikiEN-l] blocked for a week for these edits

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Sat May 20 13:19:29 UTC 2006

On May 20, 2006, at 6:11 AM, Sarah wrote:

>> If it was reliably established that he was Jewish, there would be no
>> problem. Since it isn't reliably established, reporting that he was
>> Jewish, or that he might be Jewish, constitutes anti-Semitism.
>
> The only reference I've found to Harold Shipman being Jewish is a BBC
> news site reporting a comment by [[Abu Hamza al-Masri]], an Islamist
> cleric in the UK, who was convicted in February of racial hatred and
> incitement to murder. Abu Hamza told the court that the British
> Foreign Office and media are controlled by Jews, and part of his
> evidence was that, referring to Harold Shipman, "If a doctor kills 250
> of his patients there is not a single word about his religion."
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4644030.stm
>
> This is the attitude that User:Saladin1970 (posting here as Abu Hamza)
> brings to Wikipedia.

So he publicly identifies with a notorious Islamist and anti-Semite.
3,000 people in my country were murdered five years ago in the name
of those attitudes. He should be banned indefinitely just as we would
ban a neo-Nazi who made similar anti-Semitic edits. These people do
not belong in our community.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch