[WikiEN-l] Unblock request

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sat May 20 02:05:07 UTC 2006

G'day Ryan,

> On 5/19/06, slimvirgin at gmail.com <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>So why is his indefinite block being
>>reversed.
>
> Because he's a newbie and no one bothered to give him short blocks. This
> isn't simple vandalism and he's not willy on wheels.  Someone
> misunderstanding our policies doesn't give anyone precedent to railroad him
> rather than giving him a chance. We tell people to be bold, and then
> indefinite block them for doing it?

While I wouldn't have unblocked this user myself, I appreciate your
sincerity and your reasoning is fine.  If we have to block him again in
a week, so be it ... at least he's been given a chance.

You've done what you feel is the Right Thing, and you've done it with
sensitivity, explaining your reasons and making sure everyone
understands why you did it.  Well done.

There's no need for people to start throwing about epithets like "wheel
war" about this.

<snip/>

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"