[WikiEN-l] Getting rid of bad fair use

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Fri May 19 22:13:34 UTC 2006

On May 19, 2006, at 1:41 PM, maru dubshinki wrote:

> From my own experience:
> the Star Wars article. We only accept canon depictions- and because
> canonicity policies say that only material authorized and licensed by
> the copyright holders is canon, and because the copyright holders will
> only do proprietary releases, we cannot, by definition, have free
> images relating to Star Wars.

It seems like the "only accept canon depictions" is the rule to go,
since it seems silly and arbitrary, and in any case, far less
important than "only use free content". Artist depictions would be
appropriate in this case, just like almost any other case where we
only have fair use images to use.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch