[WikiEN-l] hooray, hooray, the lunatics have taken over!

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Fri May 19 15:45:31 UTC 2006

Two very, *very* weird occurrances in the space of a couple of hours:

a) Someone on AfD requests that a discussion on the notability of the
    subject of the AfDed article be moved away from AfD, because
    discussion takes place on talkpages (the inference being that AfD is
    only for voting, when AfD is not at all a vote).

b) A userbox created for pure vandalism (that is, it's nonsense, created
    by a vandal, to facilitate filling the main article space --- that's
    where we used to write articles --- with nonsense) was speedied as
    "pure vandalism" (because that's what it is), then taken to DRV
    because "OMG!  Cyde deleted a userbox!  Get him!"

Is it a full moon now, or is Wikipedia just getting stupider?

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"