[WikiEN-l] Zero information is preferred to misleading or false information

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed May 17 11:47:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 17 May 2006 13:24:29 +0200, you wrote:

>I'm happy to be corrected, but I was under the
>impression that as long as we can convey that the information is not
>guaranteed accurate (by the use of cite tags), then "speculative"
>information is better than none.

In the case of living individuals?  You want to pay for the lawsuits?
I can't see any problem at all with requiring all critical information
on living individuals to be robustly sourced before insertion. Where's
the downside?  That we fail to repeat speculation on blogs and attack
sites?  Seems to me that would improve credibility, not reduce it.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG