[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia:No factions of belief

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed May 17 07:49:22 UTC 2006

On 5/17/06, maru dubshinki <marudubshinki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pretty much. There are still edge cases. For example, is it a shared
> ideal and principle of the Wikipedia community that we should only use
> free software and despise proprietary non-free software? (Ie. would it

I would say no. Wikipedia can publish the same encyclopaedia without
using free software. Therefore it's not a core ideal.

> be legitimate to have a userbox stating that "this user hates nonfree
> software and works towards its demise", or must that be stated as
> "this user like free software"?) Or is our conception of freedom
> limited to the products of our labor like Mediawiki and the articles
> themselves? &etc.

What's the relevance? What does it have to do with the project? If
you're working on articles about free software, why not a userbox "I
work on articles about free software", as I proposed earlier?

Steve