[WikiEN-l] Tearing down the Chinese Firewall

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Sun May 14 14:31:59 UTC 2006

On 5/13/06, Tim Starling <t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> Elected? In what sense? It's a one-party system, the CPC doesn't tolerate
> any serious opposition. Maybe you should read:

Even more confusing is Singapore - according to what I read on the
wikipedia article recently, this is the first election since the
eighties that hasn't been won by *default* - in most, more than half
the seats were uncontested. And in this one, they won by something
like 88 out of 92 seats.

Now that is a situation to confuse any democracy supporter.

Steve