[WikiEN-l] Tearing down the Chinese Firewall

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun May 14 06:12:57 UTC 2006

On 5/14/06, Prasad J <prasad59 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/05/06, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/14/06, Prasad J <prasad59 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > >Countries don't go out of their way to help each other without there
> > being something for >them to gain
> >
> > Historicaly that is incorrect.
>
> >  If you are of that opinion, geni, I must say you are incredibly idealistic. Show me a single instance where one country has helped another with purely good intentions.

Polands actions during the Battle of Vienna.

British actions after the invasion of Poland in 1939.

>If the Chinese government can tell other countries to "stuff
themselves" about the Tibet >issue, can't they do the same about this
one?

They are free to try however I doubt they are going to invade florida.

>Also, none of you have replied to my earlier mail wherein I expressed
concers about how >the media (if it learnt about this) would portray
Wikipedia.

The media can always trash us if they want.

>At present anti-Americanism is sweeping the world,  if you choose to
deny it I suggest >you look at the photos of the star-spangled banner
being burnt everywhere from >Amsterdam to Seoul-, and many accuse the
U.S of meddling too much in the affairs of >other countries. At such a
juncture, the press is less likely to portray Wikipedia as >"saviour
of the oppresed" than as "U.S government tool".

Doubful. First we have no links to the US goverment. Secondly we are
mostly writen by europeans
--
geni