[WikiEN-l] What. The. Fuck??!?

Raphael Wegmann raphael at psi.co.at
Fri May 12 10:15:34 UTC 2006

Mark Gallagher wrote:
> G'day Ben,
>
>> Mark Gallagher wrote:
>>> I agree entirely.  Ben and Greg displayed a remarkable lack of maturity
>>> in this issue.  I can see how they got a bit carried away after some
>>> idiot changed "is Christian" to "claims to be Christian", but deliberate
>>> could-be-perceived-as-vandalism[0], complete with rotating crucifix[1],
>>> was quite disgusting behaviour for an admin.
>>
>>> [1] I know what Cyde was aiming for: "seeing from all angles", etc.  But
>>>     the end result was simply offensive.
>> I've heard a lot of people claiming that it's offensive but I'm just not
>> seeing it.  How is it offensive?  All of the Christians I personally
>> know who I've pointed it out to thought it was either funny or annoying,
>> but not offensive.
>
> Mocking the cross?  You can't see what's wrong with that?

You have to know, that Cyde shows disrespect towards all religions,
beside his own. His creed is "freedom of speech", he holds publishing
profanity sacred and blocks editors for "censorship", who try to
incorporate decency, when in fact he considers their actions
blasphemous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Goatse.cx&diff=prev&oldid=40192237

--
Raphael