[WikiEN-l] What. The. Fuck??!?

Guettarda guettarda at gmail.com
Fri May 12 00:04:11 UTC 2006

On 5/11/06, Ilmari Karonen <nospam at vyznev.net> wrote:

> Ben McIlwain wrote:
> >
> > I didn't alter anyone's userpage.  I only altered one single template.
> > If you don't want your userpage to change in appearance then keep it in
> > your userspace and don't grab all of your content from templates.
>
> You do realize that the same could just as well be said of articles.
>
> Yes, templates are attractive vandalism targets in that they can provide
> lots of disruption for very little effort.  That is *not* an excuse for
> deliberately disrupting them just to show that you can.

Any edit to a userbox template would create changes to everyone's pages
where it's a transinclude.  Since userboxes are just for fun anyway, they
aren't in any way a serious part of the project, there's nothing wrong with
what Cyde did.  There are no standards for userboxes. There are no rules for
userboxes.  There are no requirements for userboxes.  The only possible
exceptions would be the Babel boxes