[WikiEN-l] Copyright status of GPS coordinates

Ben Lowe ben.lowe at gmail.com
Thu May 11 14:14:08 UTC 2006

I'm sure a lawyer such as Mr. Abramson or a font of knowledge such as Mr.
Smith can confirm this, but it is my understanding that lists of factual
information are ineligible for copyright; a work must be an "original work
of authorship."  Phone books, for instance, are not eligible for copyright.
I would imagine this list falls under the same blanket of ineligibility (an
insecurity blanket?).

Ben