[WikiEN-l] Regarding "civility"

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Wed May 10 22:27:12 UTC 2006

> On 5/10/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> > (b) he's been here since forever
>
> As far as I can figure his first edits were 1st nov 2004 as Minority
> Report. You predate that. I predate that. Generaly the "been here
> forever" tag is probably best resurved for the likes of Fred Bauder (1
> November 2002)

As usual, I think you missed the underlying point entirely, which was
that Sidaway's long-term contributions to the project and the
community serve to explain why there is so much good will for him; he
has become a VestedContributor. This wouldn't excuse any serious
behaviour which set out to harm the encyclopaedia, of course, or
interrupt its creation, which is why he has not been above arbitration
at times.

People may joke about the cabal, but the reality is that there *is* a
group of people who call the shots in different areas, on a day to day
basis. And nobody really cares because they're being useful and
productive.

Rob Church