[WikiEN-l] Category:Criminals // Category:American Criminals

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed May 10 21:56:45 UTC 2006

On 5/10/06, jf_wikipedia at mac.com <jf_wikipedia at mac.com> wrote:
> My concern is that people are using Category:Criminals //
> Category:American Criminals as a way to push negative POVs aginst
> such persons (regardless if the person is alive or dead). The reason
> for  my concern is that it indiscriminately group people as diverse
> as  person that was convicted from stealing a pair of jeans at Wal-
> Mart with serial killers, rapists and the like.

I believe there's already a guideline on this, or at least on the use
of lists of such things. I think we actually have a guideline against
the creation of vilification lists - vilification categories should
probably go with it.

Now, how about "notorious criminals"? Hmm.  "Famous criminals"? Might
be different - at least you're saying the person's crime has to be
famous.

Steve