[WikiEN-l] Is this NPOV?

Peter Jacobi peter_jacobi at gmx.net
Wed May 10 12:33:28 UTC 2006

Hi JzG, All,

> Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> The article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba reads to me
> like a hagiography, but is that just my Western bias?

In my not so humble opinion, this is not a problem of NPOV
(which we can handle), but of undue weight (which we decided,
we won't handle and hope for the best in the future). "Undue
weigh" has some (semi-policy?) status, but only within one
article.

If you compare some biographies of gods, gurus or religious
leaders of denominations in the 100.000 to 10.000.000
adherents range, there are huge discrepancies in size:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Kimbangu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%AA_V%C4%83n_Trung
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_Zakka_I_Iwas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prem_Rawat

You need some paasionate adherents as editors to have
a long biography, or at least some passionate apostats.

Regards,
Peter Jacobi
[[User:Pjacobi]]