[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Cheney Shill halliburton_shill at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 16:30:49 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett <stevage at gmail.com> wrote:

    On 5/9/06, Philip Welch wrote:
    > Because then the judges (closing admins) have discretionary power,
    > and in that situation, decisions are made by admin aristocracy, not
    > consensus.

    Consensus already requires interpretation by admins, who have
    discretinary power to ignore it.

Consensus really shouldn't be getting interepreted at all, however.  To put it another way, policies and guidelines are determined by consensus, so by definition the decisions admins make are consensus.  The presumption here is that admins are following policy.  If they aren't, they are ignoring consensus (behaving like aristocracy).~~~~Pro-Lick