[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

julieharding1 at charter.net julieharding1 at charter.net
Fri May 5 23:10:00 UTC 2006

---- geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/5/06, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 5 May 2006 13:21:10 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:
> >
> > >    "Voting" has changed to "finding consensus", but the process remains
> > >    the same. User conduct regulation is called "dispute resolution", but
> > >    focuses mainly on finding a pseudo-judicial basis to ban troublesome
> > >    editors.
> >
> > You think?
> >
> > Look at the RfC on Whaleto.  Does that fit this description?  Very
> > often problems are quietly resolved.  Of course sometimes they aren't,
> > but I'd suggest that far more disputes are resolved than end up with
> > indef-blocks.
> >
> > Guy (JzG)
>
> Bad choice. I'd give that one a fair chance of ending up at arbcom
> sooner or latter.
>
> --
> geni
Geni,
How can we convince Guy that it is necessary to visually recognize the troublemakers and then block them from Wikipedia?  Dispute resolution?  I'm spending two thirds of my time trying to get troublemakers to leave me alone.  Then, very rarely, a serious posting reaches me and I can respond.  This is rediculous!  Last night I got accused of being on crack, I was accused of being insane, and today I was referred to as a "Boob."  Yet obviously my opinion must count for something because my e-box is full.
-Julie