[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Sat May 6 08:54:40 UTC 2006

On 5/6/06, Matt Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm.  I'd doubt many people in the world believe we've reached a
> million articles without handling a lot of trivia.  Do you really
> think that anyone would be surprised by the fact that a good portion
> of that million are on such subjects?

Well, of course, but at the same time, we're totally missing articles
on some actual genuinely interesting and notable subjects. I was
shocked to find that there are some Châteaux in the Loire Valley that
don't have an article.

> I don't think we tend to boast about our numbers of user accounts, do
> we?  User accounts unused for <x> months and with no undeleted
> contributions should be pruned though, I think, simply from a
> manageability point of view.

I seem to recall having seen a few references to our user count in
newspaper articles. Wildly differing figures of course.

> I've noticed people mentioning our active user count and our admin
> count more often than the total.

Probably true. Not that our "admin count" is particularly meaningful
either, of course.

Steve