[WikiEN-l] AfD on unencyclopedic content

Molu loom91 at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 12:45:48 UTC 2006

I've opened an AfD at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Proof_that_0.999..._equals_1 because the article is unenclopedic. WIkipedia is not an indiscriminate collection of facts, which means that it is not a repository for proofs of arbitrary mathematical nuggets.  Shall I proceed to publish Prof that 1+1 = 2. Bertrand Russel proved it in 260 pages, but it could be shortened. If this is deleted it will also open up the avenue to delete many other proof articles. It's a shame that we fall over ourselves deleting biogaphies of proffessors and sportspersons while content like this is allowed to stay on.

  Molu