[WikiEN-l] vote-stacking and userboxes

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Thu May 4 13:11:26 UTC 2006

On 04/05/06, Raphael Wegmann <raphael at psi.co.at> wrote:

> Of course this wouldn't eliminate vote-stacking at all,
> since one can still find the "right" people on various
> Wikiproject pages, but IMHO it's still a step in the right
> direction.

There are still categories. Also, if the userbox itself contains a
link back to the template, you're back we're your started. I don't
think simple sneaky technical solutions to the userbox problem are
going to get anywhere, due to the mousetrap/smarter mouse problem.
This is a social problem that absolutely needs a social solution.

Steve