[WikiEN-l] Upload by default to Commons?

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Wed May 3 14:36:20 UTC 2006

Hi all,
  The "Upload file" link in the left pane of monobook still takes you
to the page for uploading an image to the English wikipedia. In most
cases, it would be more helpful to be uploading the image to Commons
(US fair use being the notable exception).

Since I notice that certain other wikipedias at least make a commons
upload link equally prominent, is it time we considered removing the
upload-to-EN link entirely, or hiding it somewhere for those that
really do want to upload fair use images? And instead, provide a link
to upload to commons?

Or perhaps I'm missing something - is there any reason I should ever
want to upload something to EN, other than fair use?

Steve