[WikiEN-l] [FYI] OLPC mailing list about content

Mathias Schindler neubau at presroi.de
Fri Mar 31 17:49:44 UTC 2006

Hi,

you will find a newly created mailing list about the OLPC programme at
http://mailman.laptop.org/mailman/listinfo/content which is described as
follows:

Content -- Discussions of OLPC content, both software and booklike.

We expect content to be both pretty conventional ebooks, but also
educational software to encourage/enable children to construct
interesting things that will engage them in the learning process.

If you go through the archives, you will both find favourable comments
about wikipedia from Negroponte and if I remember correctly, Jimmy has
also expressed his support for the OLPC.

I am pretty certain that Wikipedia might be one interesting piece of
content that could be included into the OLPC. While there are technical
issues (for example for some languages due to space problems), all the
other debates about child-safe-correct-npov-aspects also apply.

I would love to see some Wikipedians, Wikibookians, etc. who are
interested in joining this list if they want to participate in this project.

There are more mailinglists at
http://mailman.laptop.org/mailman/listinfo which might also be
interesting for other aspects, such as technical stuff or
portugese/brasilian related things.

Greetings,
Mathias