[WikiEN-l] Analysis of Request for Adminship

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Fri Mar 31 13:42:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:29:10 +0200, you wrote:

>I just came across this excellent analysis of the problems with RfA at
>the moment, written by Tyrenius, who had his application rejected on
>the basis of insufficient edits (he had 1331 at time of application,
>and apparently works offline a great deal, making that figure
>misleading), age (not sure, older than 3 months) and supposedly not
>doing enough "project work".

To be honest I am not a huge fan of self-nominations for adminship
anyway.  I turned down three nominations before accepting one, and had
to be persuaded even then.  Are we sure that Tyrenuis' assessment of
his own fitness for adminship is objective?  Not that I'm saying he
would not be a good admin, but it seems to me that the people who get
given admin tools are generally the ones who are seen to be likely to
use them, those who are active in countering vandalism, cleaning up,
stopping wars, finding vanity and spam articles and so on.  If someone
is not doing these things, why do they need the Wikimop?  If they are
doing these things, they will get noticed.

I do think it is bad that so few RfAs reach 100 votes.  It would be
much better if more people contributed.  But then, I rarely vote so I
can hardly talk.
Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk