[WikiEN-l] Analysis of Request for Adminship

David Alexander Russell webmaster at davidarussell.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 13:24:25 UTC 2006

The 'generally known and trusted...' doesn't reflect how RFAs actually
happen. It usually comes down to 'absence of fault' rather than any sort
of positive support of a person. Unless someone has done something
controversial (previously be desysopped, stated unpopular views on
deletion policy or whatever) then, provided they have significant
participation in various namespaces their RFA will probably be unanimous
(if they have any of the aforementioned faults, however minor, it will
probably degenerate into a no-consensus flamewar)

Cynical