[WikiEN-l] [Foundation-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 23:49:57 UTC 2006

On 3/31/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> David Gerard wrote:
> > Linuxbeak started the latest attempt ( [[m:WM:OM]] ); Jimbo gave his
> > blessing, but warned that many had tried and failed before. The reason
> > appears to be that there are enough people who like it as it is that
> > they don't care it's all but unusable and frequently actively
> > misleading, and that those of us who would like a cross-project work
> > wiki are regarded as a bunch of dicks for trying.
>
> Yup.

Eh no, I don't think this project's people are a bunch of dicks for
trying - I just resent the attitude that's been shown to Meta in the
last few days. Sure, improve it, but that's no reason to lambaste its
community, or make false claims about it. (David, you still haven't
addressed my questioning of how historical pages make Meta unusable).
Anyway, some of this project's members are doing good work, and I
commend them.

Cormac