[WikiEN-l] Britannica quote of the day (Johntex)

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 29 12:02:24 UTC 2006

"Steve Bennett"  wrote

>And notice that my example was objective: "naked breasts".
> Yours is subjective: "offensive". Kind of logical that a subjective
> term is hard to apply objectively.

Naked breasts - the last thing young kids should be exposed to.  No, wait.
The first thing young kids should be exposed to.  No, wait, the breasts
should be exposed to the kid, but one at a time.  Good thing newborns have
good enough grasp of subjectivity and objectivity not to be confused.  Or
offended.  No wait, they grasp fingers, but I think they don't really grasp
... never mind, the confusion seems to lie elsewhere ...

Charles