[WikiEN-l] Britannica quote of the day

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 12:54:00 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett-4 wrote:

> On 3/26/06, Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I find it very curious that of all the things they can attack
>> wikipedia for, the fact that wikipedia is not censored is the one they
>> focus on. Very strange indeed.
> All the more reason to tag Wikipedia articles as kidsafe/worksafe.

You are welcome to develop your own external labelling service. Placeopedia
acts as a linkage between Wikipedia and Google: why not set up something of
your own for content labelling? Useful information can be found here:
http://www.w3.org/PICS/#Developers

Hosting this stuff within the Foundations purview would IMNHSO be foolish.
Actually incorporating it into Mediawiki would be suicidal. Imagine the edit
wars which could be provoked.

HTH HAND
--
Phil